Hi, Chef Caron here, with an update or two on how to make the best use of your bbq grill mat so you don’t run into any frustrating difficulties or problems.
How You Use Your Grill Affects How You Use Your Grill Mat
Keep in mind that every type of food you barbecue will react with the mats differently. I point this out because everyone’s use of the grill is pretty much unique. For example, you might use a specific type of marinade that you make yourself. It’s possible that no one else on the planet is using that exact combination of ingredients on a bbq grill mat.
I had a customer call me the other day because his grill mat had gotten a sticky residue on it after using it all summer. The trick to knowing what to do about this sort of thing, is to think of the mat exactly as you would an expensive nonstick frying pan. What would you do if you had sticky residue on your nonstick kitchen cookware? You’d wash it, of course. Same thing with a grill mat. You need to keep it clean. After every use, you need to wash it so that it looks and feels like new. Some ways you can do that if you have difficult residue on the mat:
Soak the mats in soapy water for an hour or longer and then wipe them clean. TIP – if something you’re cooking is sticking to the mats use the soft side of a scrub pad to scrub it off. The longer it’s on there the harder it will be to remove.
Put the mats in your dishwasher, on the top rack and run it on hot. Usually, that will remove any stubborn residues.
Always wash your mats immediately after use. That technique alone will work like magic. l always have a damp cotton cloth handy, and wipe them right away when I remove them from the barbecue grill. Then I let them soak for a while and transfer them into the dishwasher. Doing all three of those things guarantees that I don’t have any residue building up on the mats.
Prevention is Key
That’s really the ticket here. If you get a little bit of residue that stays on the mat every time you barbecue or grill, eventually this will turn into a sticky surface on the mat that will be very difficult to remove without damaging the mat.
So to summarize, be preventative. Just take the time to clean your grill mats thoroughly and carefully after every use and they will continue to provide you with years of great use a service. For full instructions click here.
If you have any problems or questions please feel free to contact me using the Contact Us page on this website. We can usually answer questions and offer help right away, unless we’re in the middle of some ridiculous barbecue emergency. I look forward to hearing from you.
Take care, Chef Caron
Chef Caron Non Stick BBQ Grill Mats - Set of 2 - for Gas, Charcoal, Pellet Grills - Magic Mat As Seen on TV - Large Professional Cooking Mat - Keep Your Barbecue Grate Clean - Grill the Un-grillable
- BBQ GRILL MATS ARE NOT ALL CREATED EQUAL: Grill Grate Mats differ in size, weight, thickness and coeffecient of friction (COF) or slickness; and it is in these features that you can differentiate quality. A Chef Caron Barbecue Grilling Mat is .25mm thick, about 17 inches in length, has the lowest COF of any mats available, and also has extra layers of PTFE for ease of use and cleaning - making it a great addition to your bbq grilling and cooking tools. to your bbq grilling and cooking tools.
- CONVENIENT AND VERSATILE BBQ TOOLS: These bbq cooking accessories eliminate the need for grate cleaning tools by protecting the grill from foods that stick and burn on the grates. The best feature, though, is that a barbecue cooking mat (grill mat) will allow you to prepare foods on the grill that were previously impossible, including foods such as chopped vegetables, small seafood, and even breakfast foods like fried eggs, pancakes, sausages and hash browns.
- BBQ GIFT IDEAS: As bbq gifts go, this is one of the best. The barbecue mat can be used as a gas grill mat, a charcoal grill mat, as well as with pellet and electric grills (just be aware of the 500 degree limit). The non stick grill mats can even be cut to any size and used as oven liners, bbq smoking accessories, stove top protectors, cooking sheets, casserole dishes, and many other non stick applications - even bbq smoker accessories, in fire pits, and other types of outdoor cooking.
- GROSS GUNK: That disgusting buildup of burnt food on the grates is an ongoing problem with bbq grills, and so is the accumulation of burned food that has fallen through the cracks creating a greasy mess in the bottom of your barbecue grill. Aside from the increased risk of grill fires, it's just plain unsightly and unappetizing. When you add a BBQ Grill Mat to your bbq accessories kit, you can eliminate both problems. You can actually toss your bbq cleaning tools.
- MANUFACTURER WARRANTY: The Chef Caron BBQ Grill Mat Sets and Gift Packs are backed by a full Manufacturer Guarantee which provides you with your money back or a replacement if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase. You only need to contact us if you have a problem and we will make it right.
Quiseen BBQ Grill Mat, Thick, Durable, Non-Stick, Set of 2 Mats
- Multi-purpose - can be used for indirect cooking on gas, electric and charcoal grill
- Keeps food from touching grates of falling through
- Allows for grill marks and grill taste
- Set of 2 (15.75 x 13 inches) mats
- Thick and durable
BBQ Grill Sheets Mat ,100% Non Stick Safe ,Extra Thick,Reusable and Dishwasher safe, 5 piece of (13"x15.75")
- 100% non stick - protect your bbq grill and bbq parts with these revolutionary 100% non stick grilling sheets, nothing at all will stick to this grill mat
- Excellent temperature resistance - continuous working from -100 degreef to +500 degreef (-70 degreec +260 degreec). up to 380 degreec
- No mess - more grilling and less cleaning up
- Durable & reusable - unbeatable lifetime no questions guarantee
- Fda approved and dishwasher safe - all of our bbq accessories are approved by the fda and are safe for use on the top shelf of your dishwasher
As Seen on TV Yoshi Copper Grill & Bake Mat (2 Pack), Copper
- 100% Non Stick - food slides right off!
- Contains 2 mats for grilling and/or baking - each measure 15.75" x 13"
- Infused with real copper, PFOA Free and can withstand heat up to 500 degrees
- Reusable and Reversible, you can even cut to fit!
- Dishwasher safe or wipe clean
SUMGOTT Non-Stick BBQ Grill Mat, Perfect for Charcoal, Electric and Gas Grill, Reusable, Easy to Clean, Essential Grilling Accessories for Home Cooks and Grillers, Set of 3
- Fast and easy clean up: No more scrubbing grill grates every time you cook
- Makes grilling easy: Easier to use than a grill pan or basket and more effective than aluminum foil that rips when you flip your food
- Better than any grill pan or basket, our mat can be cut to any size or shape to fit any need, also doubles as a bake mat
- Multipurpose - our cooking mat works with any kind of barbecue grill - weber, charbroil, big green egg, smoker, charcoal, propane, gas or electric
- Don't fear the flame: Prevents flare ups caused from dripped grease that cause your meat to become charred and dry and ruin your meal